Stay tuned for details for 2016…
We are excited to again offer the Youth Entrepreneur Program as part of the Kivalliq Trade Show. With support from Kivalliq Partners in Development we look forward to engaging Kivalliq youth to participate in the annual program.
This year we welcome back, inspirational, motivational speaker, Dave Anderson of Moving Millennials and Joelle Foster from Canadian Youth Business Foundation (Winnipeg, Manitoba). Sponsored/Selected participants will be engaged in a two-day workshop which will focus on business planning, the importance of credit and how to start a new business. The program’s goal is to help Kivalliq youth develop skills and understanding of business development and entrepreneurship. The program will benefit participants who are interested in entrepreneurship and learning about running a business.
- Delegates must be between the ages of 19 to 29, and are expected to be self-directed and responsible. It is required that delegates participate in all events on the youth agenda.
- Return air travel to Rankin Inlet (Sept 28, return October 1) will be provided. Itineraries will be sent 2 weeks in advance of travel. Delegates will be responsible for any missed flights.
- Accommodations in billeted homes will be provided. Successful applicants will be asked to find family or friends to stay with, otherwise the trade show will assist in finding billets. All billets will be provided $125/ day for your breakfast and accommodation.
- Meals will be provided during your stay.
- Any additional costs, including incidentals, airline change fees are the responsibility of the participant.
- Ground Transportation, we will pick participants up from the airport upon arrival and taxi chits will be provided for the Youth Entrepreneur Program events and to the airport on departure date.
- Deadline for Youth Program applicants is Monday, August 31, 2015.
- Successful applicants will be contacted by Friday, Sept 4, 2015.
- Click on the link below to complete the application and email to Kathleen Merritt at firstname.lastname@example.org